August 27, 2005

Safe in the arms of Jesus

This picture is actually a card that was sent to me by Tiny Purpose, a group of other mommies that have experienced in loss of their babies. The meaning of this picture offers comfort and reassurance that Grace and Evie are "Safe in the arms of Jesus". First there is Jesus' tender expression. He cuddles the baby close to Himself and comforts our babies from the pain they experienced here on earth. They are now free from all of that. The nail scarred arms and feet remind us of the costly price Jesus paid for us and our babies. The scars remind us that God Himself has experienced the immense pain of losing a son - His only Son. He knows our hurt. So Jesus holds our babies close with those nail scarred hands where our babies are now safe. What soothing comfort comes to a parent and a baby when rocking in a rocking chair. There must be rocking chairs in heaven. Finally the impression of clouds remind us of the promise of heaven where "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Rev. 21:4) This picture has meant so much to me as a mommy, knowing my sweet little girls are not experiencing pain, but a love much greater than mommy can give them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Dorine said...

What you wrote was sweet and comforting. To view Grace and Evie rocking in Jesus' arms...what a lovely vision. That is what we all long for.

Love You!

August 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand and know your pain my precious little boy lived 9 hours and than God took him back home. For many years I was angry at God for taking my precious little boy. But now I want my story to help others through the Journey of losing a child and to know that God only loans them to us even if it is just for a moment. I have set up a blog called our little angels and my goal is to reach as many families as I can that have lost children and let them know that God loves them and that through him we have healing and peace.

November 07, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home